VT Balance of State Coordinated Entry - HMIS Resources
Coordinated entry is an important process through which people experiencing or at risk of experiencing homelessness can access the crisis response system in a streamlined way, have their strengths and needs quickly assessed, and quickly connect to appropriate, tailored housing and mainstream services within the community or designated region.
Standardized assessment tools and practices used within local coordinated assessment processes take into account the unique needs of children and their families as well as youth. When possible, the assessment provides the ability for households to gain access to the best options to address their needs, incorporating participants’ choice, rather than being evaluated for a single program within the system. The most intensive interventions are prioritized for those with the highest needs.
HUD’s primary goals for coordinated entry processes are:
- Assistance will be allocated as effectively as possible.
- Assistance is easily accessible no matter where or how people present.
This article contains multiple resources for the VT BoS Coordinated Entry system.
- VT Coordinated Entry Workflow Manual (PDF document) - Updated November 2022!
- Coordinated Entry HUD Event Referral Crosswalk (PDF document)
- VT BoS Coordinated Entry HMIS Intake Forms (website link)
- BoS CE Prioritization List Data Analysis / Looker Report Guide (PDF document)
- VT BoS CE Summary Report Written Guide (PDF document)
- VT BoS Coordinated Entry Training Video (recorded video)
- How to Add a Household to Coordinated Entry (quick 9-minute recorded video)
- BoS CE Prioritization List Data Analysis / Looker Report (mini training recorded video)
- Please email your system administrators for the video training password
Vermont Coalition to End Homelessness Information
- VT BoS Coordinated Entry Policy and Procedure Manual (VCEH website)
- VT BoS Release of Information (VCEH website)
- VT BoS Lead Agency Contact Information (VCEH website)
- VT BoS Coordinated Entry Priority List Reporting - VT CARES Housing Voucher (PDF document)
VCEH Coordinated Entry Documents you can find on the Helping to House VT website:
- VCEH ROI/Client Consent
- VCEH Staff Tool for ROI
- VCEH CE Partnership Agreement
- VCEH CE Policy and Procedure Manual
- VCEH Housing Assessment Tool
- Client Transfer CoC Form
- CE Client Complaint Form
Click HERE to see go to the VCEH Website
If you have any questions about the VT BoS Coordinated Entry policy and procedure, please reach out to Ari Kisler; email@example.com
Copyright 2022 Institute for Community Alliances. All rights reserved.