VT Chittenden Coordinated Entry - HMIS Resources
Coordinated entry is an important process through which people experiencing or at risk of experiencing homelessness can access the crisis response system in a streamlined way, have their strengths and needs quickly assessed, and quickly connect to appropriate, tailored housing and mainstream services within the community or designated region.
Standardized assessment tools and practices used within local coordinated assessment processes take into account the unique needs of children and their families as well as youth. When possible, the assessment provides the ability for households to gain access to the best options to address their needs, incorporating participants’ choice, rather than being evaluated for a single program within the system. The most intensive interventions are prioritized for those with the highest needs.
HUD’s primary goals for coordinated entry processes are:
- Assistance will be allocated as effectively as possible.
- Assistance is easily accessible no matter where or how people present.
This article contains multiple resources for the VT Coordinated Entry system.
- VT Coordinated Entry HMIS Workflow Manual (PDF document) - Updated November 2022!
- Coordinated Entry HUD Event Referral Crosswalk (PDF Document)
- VT Chittenden Coordinated Entry Required Data HMIS Intake Form (word document)
- Chittenden CE Prioritization List Data Analysis / Looker Report Guide (PDF document)
- Chittenden Coordinated Entry Training Video (recorded training)
- Please email your system administrators for the video training password
Chittenden County Homeless Alliance Information
- CCHA Coordinated Entry Policy and Procedure (CCHA website)
- Chittenden Release of Information (CCHA website) Password: chittendencoc
- Chittenden Coordinated Entry Information
If you have any questions about the CCHA policies and procedures, please reach out to Stephanie Smith; firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright 2023 Institute for Community Alliances. All rights reserved.