VT HMIS Privacy and Security Training
2023 HMIS Privacy and Security Training - Available Now!
This training reviews the Data Privacy and Security Standards required in the Federal HMIS Standards. We address the HMIS User and the agency's responsibility related to HMIS Security. We review Client Rights related to HMIS data entry, explain Data Visibility, and review the HMIS Release of Information.
It is that time of year when your Annual Privacy and Security Training must be completed. All HMIS Users, regardless of when you were licensed, must complete this required training by the deadline to have continued use of your HMIS license.
If you are unable to complete the training by the deadline, your HMIS license will be locked, and you will be required to complete the training prior to gaining access to the system.
- WHO: All HMIS Users are required to take this training, regardless of when you were licensed
- WHAT: New England HMIS Annual Privacy and Security Training
- DUE: End of business on Thursday, August 31, 2023
Important Notes about the training:
- All HMIS Users at your agency must complete their own training, quiz, and HMIS User Agreement.
- We recommend watching the training on ‘full screen’ by expanding the video selection.
- To begin the training, press the ‘play’ button.
- To move through the training, press the arrow on the right-hand side of your screen. The audio will automatically play if you move through the training in this way.
- All HMIS Users must pass the quiz and sign the HMIS User Agreement to maintain access to the system.
- If you have questions, please reach out to your system administrators.
HMIS User Agreement
All users are required to sign the HMIS User Agreement, affirming their acknowledgement of their responsibilities in protecting the client data within the system and the client's rights. Users will electronically sign this agreement at the conclusion of the HMIS Security and Privacy training.
If you have questions or concerns, please reach out to your VT HMIS System Administrators; email@example.com
Copyright 2022 Institute for Community Alliances. All rights reserved.